Lair of the White Earbuds
August 29, 2007, 15:40 GMT+5 by chris
Filed Under: Blog  Comments
If you’ve got an iTunes account, you can help us out by using the iTunes “Tell A Friend” feature to let your friends check out Doll Factory on iTunes, posting a review of Weightless or Premonition EP in the iTunes store, or by making a playlist in your iTunes software (including one or more of the songs on Weightless or Premonition EP) and submitting it as an ‘iMix’ to iTunes.
iTunes “Tell A Friend”
You can send album reviews or playlists or iMixes to anyone within iTunes via the iTunes “Tell A Friend” option. Just click on the “Tell A Friend” link in the iTunes store (located next to the album art), enter an email address and iTunes does the rest. This is a great way to let your friends know about music you think they should check out.
To submit an iTunes playlist as an ‘iMix’ on the iTunes store:
* Open iTunes.
* Click on File and then select “New Playlist”.
* Under the Source bar on the left, the words “New Playlist” will appear. You then need to name your playlist. The name you give it is how it will appear in the iTunes Music Store.
* Add songs to your playlist. You can click and drag songs from your iTunes library into your playlist, and/or you can also drag any song (even songs you don’t own!) from the iTunes Music store into your playlist. A good format is to add one or two Doll Factory songs to your playlist, and about 10 or so additional songs by other bands you like.
* When you’re done adding songs to your playlist, click the arrow next to the name of the playlist, or select ‘Create an iMix…’ from the ‘File’ menu.
* Enter a title and description for your iMix and click Publish.
* Use the iTunes “Tell A Friend” feature to let your friends know about your iMix, and ask them to rate your iMix to help it show up on iTunes.
Weightless and Premonition EP now on iTunes
August 29, 2007, 15:25 GMT+5 by doll factory
Filed Under: News, Releases, Shop  Comments
Watch for new music from Doll Factory in the coming months. In the meantime, Doll Factory’s currently-hard-to-find-on-CD debut album, Weightless, is now available from iTunes, as is the early (and previously available only as a limited-edition promo to DJs and media) six-song Premonition EP.
So excited I could just .php
August 29, 2007, 14:37 GMT+5 by chris
Filed Under: Blog, Rants  Comments
Wait, you mean I just spent two hours trying to create a Mobius-like script to do what I could have done with a two-word query? Sweet.